Just want to drop in to say that I finally received my 50Peso Papal visit commemorative coins. I made my order on January 15 and after months of waiting, and yes… months… I finally got it last week. Err.. Hurray! As for the other denominations which were included in my order, well… its another waiting game, i’ll tell you that! According to BSP, they’ll will be sending a separate email for those. Really?! I couldn’t see why they could’ve just made it into a single transaction and be done with it. I tried asking the cashier if they have any timeline for it, and as expected, I didn’t got any clear answers. I’m now just hoping that It wouldn’t take as long as the first.
For those of you who are yet to know, last January 14 of this year, BSP released an announcement for the reservation of the papal coins. BSP has released two versions of the Papal visit coins, a 50-piso and a 500-piso coins. The P50 coin is made of nickel brass and will be sold at 100php, while the P500 coin, made of Nordic Gold with gold plating, is priced at 1,000php. Both coins are legal tender and minted under a licensing agreement with the Vatican. Initially, reservation were made via email but later on went online via a reservation page. 1,000-Piso Sterling Silver and 10,000-Piso gold Papal commemorative coins were made available for reservation last May 2015.
I had BSP Manila as my pickup location. Sadly they’re weren’t as early as the BSP QC branch, in releasing orders. Many already got theirs months before. I somewhat envied them for receiving their orders way ahead of me, considering that BSP published it to be a “first-reserve first-serve basis”. Nevertheless, I’m still happy that i got mine, better late than never, right?…
Below is a part of BSP’s “claim notice” email. For those who are still waiting for their orders, I hope this info could help you out! Cheers!
Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas
Cash Dept Counter Manila
A. Mabini St. cor. P. Ocampo St., Malate, Manila
- This confirmation e-mail must be printed and presented to the teller upon claiming. Claimants must present a valid identification card.
- For authorized representatives, this confirmation e-mail must be printed and presented to the teller upon claiming together with authorization letter and valid IDs of both registered claimant and representative.
- Only cash payment is accepted. Additional orders will not be entertained.
- Confirmation e-mails for other denominations will be sent separately.
- Claiming hours is between 9:00AM to 2:00PM, Mondays to Fridays (except holidays).
- For inquiries, please contact 708-7452 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org